Job Title: 3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Shift: Monday – Friday; 11:30pm to 7:00am
Reports to: Production Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out team leader responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include regular production activities, as well as training employees, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems; supervise a team of varying size on one shift.
Position Objective / Summary: The 3rd Shift Production Supervisor is responsible for all tasks involved in the production of Bristol ID’s products by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review the schedule and report material, labor shortages and machine capacity issues to APM/PM.
- Assign daily tasks based on employee knowledge, experience, and discussion with Production Manager
- Review weekly department performance.
- Monitor individual area employee performance.
- Review and approve weekly timesheets for FT and Temp employees.
- Report excessive tardy or absent to PM.
- Train new Team Leaders.
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Assist in the company safety team and ensure safety training of all 3rd shift employees.
- Act as company point of contact for all production activities
- Operate any equipment needed to perform job
- Aid in facility cleanliness; interior and exterior
- Perform related duties as needed by supervision
- Make recommendations for process improvement
- Operate machines only when it can be done w/out jeopardizing your other duties.
- Feed and / or unload product from production equipment
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving, and manipulating materials
- Use control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines
- Inspect product for flaws
- Record information according to established policies and procedures
- Assemble, label, and examine boxes to ensure packing specifications are met
- Remove completed or defection products, placing them in specified areas
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with all product lines
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, or lift for long periods of time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or current pursuit of such required
Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist, or lifting as required
- Exposure to the manufacturing area where personal protective equipment may be required
- Ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical manufacturing environment
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another during the production process
- Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, and odors
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties identified herein, and occasionally may be required to perform duties that are not included within this document.