Job Title: Assistant Production Manager
Reports to: Production Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include supporting production supervisors / team leaders in training employees, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Position Objective / Summary: Assistant Production Manager holds overall responsibility of all tasks involved in the production of Bristol ID’s products by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate priorities, duties, tasks, and plans to Production Team to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Partner with production team to continuously improve on time delivery performance.
- Support Production Manager in the assessment and publication of the daily production order status
- Interfaces with Production Manager and Sales / Customer Service team to provide feedback on expedite requests
- Maintains rework database and leads rework review meetings
- Supports rework / RMA root cause analysis and implementation efforts
- Supports shift hand-off communication to ensure critical jobs are prioritized accordingly
- Assist in the appraisal performance of Production Operators against goals, plans, and similar standards
- Assist in the company safety team and support safety training of employees.
- Occasionally assist in Production Operator duties as necessary to ensure that all tasks in the department are completed
- Backup support for Production Supervisors / Team Leaders
- Review and approve timecards
- Help with onboarding new employees
- Assist in creating SOPs
- Aid in facility cleanliness; interior and exterior
- Performs special projects and related duties as needed by supervision
- Makes recommendations for process improvements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with all product lines and Job Tracker
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, or lift for long periods of time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in a related field is required (or 5-yrs of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment). A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience in a lead or supervisory role is preferred
Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist, or lifting as required
- Exposure to the manufacturing area where personal protective equipment may be required
- Ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical manufacturing environment
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another during the production process
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties identified herein, and occasionally may be required to perform duties that are not included within this document.