Job Title: Pre-Press Operator
Reports to: Pre-Press Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Objective / Summary: The Pre-Press Technician performs all tasks involved in the preparation and layout of customer supplied artwork.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare artwork and database files for offset and digital printing
- Set up variable data such as consecutive numbering, customer supplied databases, barcodes, and direct mail personalization
- Determine a layout according to materials, production equipment, and production methods
- Use graphics programs to generate a proof for the customer by arranging and preparing customer supplied artwork
- Design and order dies for production according to artwork and layouts
- Communicate and emphasize care in areas where customer deems critical
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision
- Makes recommendations for process improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be familiar with all product lines and customer base
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills- both written and verbal
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Exceptional organization skills and keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of color separations, screens, dot gain, and resolution
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in a related field is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred – or minimum of 3 years practical experience in the role of Pre Press Tech.
Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sit or stand as needed
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist, or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day
- Exposure to the manufacturing area where personal protective equipment may be required
- Ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties identified herein, and occasionally may be required to perform duties that are not included within this document.