Job Title: Production Operator
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Lima, NY
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Objective / Summary: The Production Operator performs all tasks involved in the production of Bristol PRI products.
Join a fun, talented, hard-working team at one of the premier plastics and card manufacturers in the US. Our company has enjoyed consistent growth over the past several years, and you have an opportunity to play an important role in our continued growth and success. Our employees also appreciate our clean and modern facility, the Bristol Bucks recognition program, and bonus opportunity. Now, a bit more about what you’ll be doing as a Production Operator…
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Feed and / or unload product from production equipment
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving, and manipulating materials
- Use control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines
- Inspect product for flaws
- Record information according to established policies and procedures
- Assemble, label, and examine boxes to ensure packing specifications are met
- Remove completed or defection products, placing them in specified areas
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job
- Aid in facility cleanliness; interior and exterior
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision
- Makes recommendations for process improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with all product lines
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, or lift for long periods of time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or current pursuit of such required
Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist, or lifting as required
- Exposure to the manufacturing area where personal protective equipment may be required
- Ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical manufacturing environment
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another during the production process
- Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, and odors
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties identified herein, and occasionally may be required to perform duties that are not included within this document.
Bristol ID Technologies is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Bristol ID Technologies will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.