Job Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Objective / Summary: The Account Manager identifies the needs of existing customers, sells appropriate merchandise to meet those needs, and ensures long-term customer loyalty by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately forecast revenue streams, maintain and expanding annual sales to assigned customer accounts, and successfully achieve sales quotas
- Sell company capabilities primarily to established customers. May also do some prospecting.
- Act as company point of contact for pre-sales activities
- Analyze customer specification in regard to company price list and guidelines to complete quotes for jobs and potential jobs.
- Obtain customer job specification in complete detail and close sales based upon estimate and pricing guidelines provided.
- Partner with Customer Service Representatives to address customer inquiries via phone and e-mail (i.e. order status, tracking information, problem resolution, etc.)
- As the main point of contact for customers in assigned accounts; play the role of “customer advocate” to maintain customer satisfaction and assure continuity and/or sales growth
- Participate in various sales meetings, trainings, and trade shows
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends
- Perform related duties as needed by supervision
- Make recommendations for process improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be familiar with all product lines and customer base
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills- both written and verbal
- Experience using MS Office, Great Plains, and/or Microsoft CRM preferred
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Exceptional organization skills and keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or experience in sales or a related field preferred
Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sit or stand as needed
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist, or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day
- Exposure to the manufacturing area where personal protective equipment may be required
- Ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties identified herein, and occasionally may be required to perform duties that are not included within this document.