Job Title: Teslin Lamination Operator
Reports to: Teslin Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Objective / Summary: The Teslin Lamination Operator performs all tasks involved in the production of Bristol ID’s products by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Feed and / or unload product from production equipment
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving, and manipulating materials
- Use control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines
- Inspect product for flaws
- Record information according to established policies and procedures
- Assemble, label, and examine boxes to ensure packing specifications are met
- Remove completed or defection products, placing them in specified areas
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job
- Aid in facility cleanliness; interior and exterior
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision
- Makes recommendations for process improvement
- Operate lamination equipment per schedule and/or direction from Supervisor / Team Lead.
- Participate in the training of new operators.
- Follow all Safety procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to setup, operate and perform minor maintenance on a roll lamination machine.
- Ability to understand and operate additional production equipment as needed
- Ability to problem solve issues with equipment and offer possible solutions to Supervisor / Team Lead.
- Familiarity with all product lines
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stand, walk, or lift for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs to 50lbs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or current pursuit of such required
Working Conditions: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periods throughout the day
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist, or lifting as required
- Exposure to the manufacturing area where personal protective equipment may be required
- Ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical manufacturing environment
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another during the production process
- Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, and odors
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in this job are expected to perform all the essential duties identified herein, and occasionally may be required to perform duties that are not included within this document.